— June 28, 2017
• finally added to the Best of the PDC (as well as the Creative Writing, Literature, and Literary Theory drawers) are the two complementary essays to the previously added "Second Order Literature": "Organic and Mechanical Construction: Wallace Stevens's 'Disillusionment at Ten O'Clock' and Adrienne Rich's ;Aunt Jennifer's Tigers'" and "Erotic Literature: E.E. Cummings's 'the mind its own beautiful prisoner.'"
— Sept. 13, 2016
• added to the Best of the PDC, Creative Writing, and Literature drawers, "Second Order Literature: Amy Lowell's 'Patterns' and H.D.'s 'Garden'"
— July 14, 2016
• added to the Lit Theory and Cinema drawers, an abbreviated version of my masters thesis, now titled "Beginnings and Endings"
— May 31, 2016
• added a review/response to Delillo's Underworld to the Literature and Review drawers
— May 26, 2016
• updated the Drawer Index/Site Map page
— May 25, 2016
• added five texts to the Best of the PDC drawer, and so also to the Literature, Literary Theory, Creative Writing, Cinema, and the newly created Culture and Society drawer.
— April 23, 2016
• added to Finnegans Wake drawer, a chapter outline of 2.1
— Mar. 16, 2016
• in the Cinema drawer, and essay on the visual elements of Body Double
— Nov. 19, 2015
• a new adition to the collection of Sentences.
• something newmade for the Filmstrips drawer (a silly little thing)
— Sept. 26, 2015
• in Literature Drawer: reworked an old essay about the question of meritable literature, Why Study Laetitia Landon?
— Mar. 12, 2015
• a need for a Science and Mathematics drawer (with a minor rearranging of the drawers): a bit about the abstract nature of the two
— Mar. 10, 2015
• added a review of Gone Girl to the Reviews
— Mar. 9, 2015
• added "Minecraft Music" to Haec Ipsi in the Sillies Drawer
— Feb. 26, 2015
• added "Shining Books" to the Cinema drawer, an exploration of books in The Shining
— Jan. 31, 2015
• added "Barthes's Mythologies" to the Literary Theory drawer: an essay I thought I put on the site many months ago
• added "There and Back" to the Literary Theory drawer (and Arts), an essay on Sontag's "Against Interpretation"
— Jan. 30, 2015
• The last of this batch of pages added via the Best of the Poetry Daily Critique, and from their to Creative Writing, Literature, and Literary Theory folders:
— Jan. 29, 2015
• More pages added via the Best of the Poetry Daily Critique: "Verse or Prose, Poetic or Prosaic" and "Passing, Clever Phrases: Life on Mars." (Not to mention found and fixed some more errors from the reformatting/reorganizing. Alas.)
— Jan. 28, 2015
• Three new additions to the Best of the Poetry Daily Critique (appearing also in the Creative Writing, Literature, Literary Theory, and Art drawers): "Reading Typography", "Ekphrastic Poetry and Ideational Strength", and "The Importance of Knowledge to Creating"
• A new file to the Gaming drawer: "A Core Chess Library"
• Three more texts added from the PDC blog in the afternoon: "Notes on the Idea of Organicism Part I" and "Part II," and "Sonnet 128: A Study in Unity"
As an aside: With the reformating/reorganization (see just below) there will be some continued adjustments in the short term. For the most part, these will not be announced.
— Jan 27, 2015
• Some Site Redesigning:
— Some page redesign and reorganization in an attempt to increase usefulness and reading visuals
— The "The Aesthetic" and "The Nomic" drawer were combined into a new drawer, "Literary Theory and General Criticism"
— The subject pages were redesigned to work now by way of an topics index; as such, there is far more overlap on pages.
— Hatters Adversaria drawer added (though it is little more than a link page)
— All reviews combined into a single, reorganized Reviews drawer.
There are a couple of minor pages that were momentarily taken down, and may or may not return. And there are a number of content pages that are queued in some stage of development. While I am still computer hobbled (and I have been for a bit), I might concentrate on such content development. When the ailments are cured, I intend to have much more fun with content (like giving more play time to the Reviews drawer, and exploring adding graphics to the pages).
— Dec 10, 2014
• exploration of Jerzy Kosinski's The Painted Bird in the Literature drawer
— Dec 1, 2014
• an essay exploring the aesthetic text through Otto Rank, Lyotard, and Derrida
— Oct 28, 2014
• an examination of Lyn Hejinian's My Life in the Literature folder
— Oct 21, 2014
• a review of 12 Years a Slave in the Cinema folder
• a response to the The G.K. Chesterton Society as regards Chesterton's understanding of Nietzsche
— Sept 30, 2014
• Literary theory meets Hammer films in the Cinema folder
— Sept 1, 2014
• A reading of Larkin's "An Arundel Tomb" in the Literature Drawer
— Jul 31, 2014
• Three new limericks and one new sillie to the Sillies drawer
— Jul 21, 2014
• Added two new reviews to the Reviews drawer: Barfield's Poetic Diction and Catling's The Vorrh
— Jul 10, 2014
• Added "Critique: Joel Feinberg's Offense to Others" — a.k.a "Noble Blasphemy II" — into the Law Drawer
• Added a new silly to the Limericks page in the Sillies Drawer
— Jun 6, 2014
• Added the melody of my pirate shanty, "With a Strong Rudder, by an Inly Rose," in the Sillies drawer
• Added reviews of Snow Crash and Invisible Man to the Book Reviews drawer (and I am wondering, should I just have it be a general "reviews" drawer?)
— Apr 29, 2014
• Added to the Aphorisms on the Creative Endeavor in the Creative Writing drawer
— Apr 13, 2014
• Added a Gallery drawer and within it began a gallery for the art works made by my girls.
— Apr 1, 2014
• Apparently I never added links to two pages added to the Poetry drawer back on the 21st: "But You Don't Have to Call Me Johnson" and "Poetry in the U.S.: A Response to 'Poetry Slam'"
— Mar 24, 2014
• finished closing down the Tennyson blog, now deleted. With it pages were added to the Sentences, Law, Literature, Nomic, Reviews, Sillies, and Poetry drawers, and the Music and Art drawers were created.
• finished reformatting the main drawers so all content is on left and cross links will be on right • some reformatting
— Mar 23, 2014
• with closing down the Tennyson blog, I've began the Law drawer (1 item), the Religion drawer (2 items), and a Reviews drawer (3 items).
• also, I've started redesigning the main drawer pages so that the contents are all on the left column of cards; the right column will now be used for cross-indexing.
— Mar 22, 2014
• modified the Poetic Daily Critique drawer, and began collecting the "Best of" pages of the blog.
• began closing up the Tennyson blog, moving that worth saving into here. So far:
— Mar 19, 2014
• in the Sillies and Works drawer, added a poetic bit, "The Children"
— Mar 6, 2014
• in the Sillies and Works drawer, an actual page for Sillies
— Feb 26, 2014
• in the Poetry drawer, started a list of long-form poetry
— Jan 22, 2014
• in Cinema, combining the movie lists into a single list called My Movie Diary
— Dec 11, 2013
• a new essay (or, at least, newly posted essay) in the Literature drawer on Yeats and folklore
— Nov 15, 2013
• in the Literature drawer, a note on understanding the major works of de Sade
• in the Cinema drawer, a comment upon the use of windows in Pasolini's Salò
also in Cinema, I begin two journeys into cinema, both as part of my effort to get back into film in some degree of seriousness: (1) Self-Medication Through Horror; and (2) A Journey Through the Collection
— September 9, 2013
• started putting the "#Poppoetry" essay in the Literature drawer; it is here lagging behind its being posted to the Poetry Daily Critique blog
— June 27, 2013
• something new to the Sillies drawer: "With a Strong Rudder, by an Inly Rose"
— June 23, 2013
• an exploration of the mythical lines in von Trier's Antichrist in the Cinema drawer
— June 11, 2013
• added the Filmstrips drawer, and some two strips for content
— June 9, 2013
• replaced "30 Things to tell a booksnob: a Literary Elitist's Response" (in the Literature drawer) with its edited version
• added "Let's Talk About Grammar" to the Creative Writing Drawer
• added a couple aphorisms to the "Aphorisms on the Creative Endeavor" list (in the Creative Writing drawer)
• added a new sentence to the Sentences drawer
— May 9, 2013
• Made the Sillies and Works drawer, and added a page for Limericks, and a page for my short story "Comes the Crawlers."
— April 16, 2013
• Added a couple new Aphorisms into the Creative Writing drawer.
— April 14, 2013
• Began work on the Literary Timeline in the Literature drawer.
— April 7, 2013
• Added "Story Cards: Notes on the Naïve Narrative" to the Literature drawer
• Created the "Games" and "Poetry" drawers. Though, they still need labels.
• Added "Sudoku and Pure Deduction" to the Games drawer.
— March 16, 2013
• Added "Aesthetic Validity and Ekphrasis" to the The Aesthetic drawer.
• Added "A Note on Close Reading" to the Literture drawer.
— February 28, 2013
• Added "Three Comments on Technique" to the Creative Writing drawer.
• Added the "Sentence Collection" drawer.
— February 19, 2013
• Added the "Noble Blasphemy" essay to the "Aesthetic" drawer. (Though, it could easily go in the "Nomic.") A key essay to the ideas that will develop on this site.
— February 17, 2013
• Expanded the "Purpose" to include aims for the site over time.
• Created the "Site Info" drawer (2,2) for site credits and site map, though for the moment it is pull-less and tagless.
— February 16, 2013
• Some font modifications — Made things a tad easier to read, no? Brought in a new text font, Arapey, thanks to the kind folks at Google Web Fonts. (Aslo a minor resizing as necessary.)
• Finished the "Writer's Reference Shelf" in the Creative Writing drawer.
— February 15, 2013
The Site Is Up!
Finally at a state where it dare show its face in public, though content is still light. Once up, it will increase. Much time has been spent on the initial design (including having to reteach myself html/css, considering how much has changed since last I tried my hand at this). As such, not much time has been spent in writing — except in gettin some content up on the "Poetry Daily Critique" blog.
At launch, the site's meager offerings are as follows: